Blog: Social networking sites

I love social media. In fact, my job is to manage social media for a home improvement store. I'm on several platforms all day long...half of the time it's for work and the other half is for my own profiles. My impressions change from time to time - I used to think Facebook was annoying and I couldn't stand status' from people I haven't seen in years but in the last year or so I have rekindled my relationship with Facebook. I find that a lot of the information on my newsfeed is relevant to my life and what I find interesting.

My least favorite platform to use is twitter. I find that there's just not enough time in the day, and, I just really don't care about what people say... but that's not meant to be rude. I'd just rather use my time elsewhere. 

My favorite social platforms are Instagram and Snapchat. I think this is because I love art and photography and anything that involves being creative. I like how Instagram allows me to express myself and interact with people who have similar style and interests to me. And for Snapchat, I just have a lot of fun using the filters and laughing when I receive a funny snap from a friend. 

All in all, my impressions are as follows; Facebook is for conversation and sharing life events with the masses. Twitter is for letting out your thoughts in 140(?) characters. Instagram is for expressing oneself through images and videos. Snapchat is for taking ridiculously funny photos and sending to your friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Next New